Wednesday, January 31, 2018

New Year & Updates!

Hey guys! 

Firstly, Happy New Year 2018! It's been 7 years since my last blog. How time have passed! So much has happened these past years.

And I'm thinking of reviving my blog and using this platform to express my feelings, thoughts and possibly secrets. 😉 It is difficult to do so when you have so many friends, relatives and colleagues on your social media sites. Why did I add so many of them? T.T


ANYWAY, where should I begin? Hmm....  I'll summarize my life events by years (I might even split them into a few posts):

#Throwback to 2010...


The crush
So... I had a crush on someone during my first year of college. The first day we met was on our orientation day. We took almost the same classes throughout the 3 semesters. The few of us also hung out a lot to do discussion and soon feelings between him and I developed. We looked like we were dating but we weren't.


Fun fact: He has similar name to my ex with initials, HS. Lols... Such coincidence.

MUET

My degree requires us to take one of the English proficiency tests - MUET, IELTS or TOEFL - within the first year of the course. MUET was the cheapest, so I took that. This test consists of the usual writing, listening and speaking tests. The exam was held in SEGi KD. The writing and listening test were not a problem for me and I think I scored fairly. However, when it comes to the speaking test, I was like die die die.

For the speaking test, participants were randomly selected into groups and there were 3 to 4 person with a facilitator/examiner. It was a debate setting. I was lucky (or more of unlucky) to have my friends in the same group. We were given question, then time to write our points then we have to defend our points. I went blank from the nervousness. With that, my friends outshone me. A few weeks later, we received our results and jeng jeng jeng, I FAILED! 😭

I had the choice of resitting MUET or take another type of test. Not wanting to go through the failure again, I chose the latter - IELTS. Although way more expensive but at least I passed. Yay!!!



Christian Fellowship (CF)
I used to attend CF in high school and was not attending church then. The lack of God's presence in my life was making me backslide. I was looking for CF in SEGi and LO AND BEHOLD, there was a poster in the lift. My friends & I decided to check it out. It was the game that attracted my friends. I memang intend to explore. HS was a non-believer and because of that poster, he attended CF for the first time and continued to attend weekly. 

I remembered the first person who greeted me was Mel O, the CF President. My first impression was that she has pretty big eyes. Haha... Throughout CF, I made so many new friends. I even volunteered for my first SEGi Christmas Bash. Wooooots~~~!



 
   Door decoration
Me

 
      Group photo - The Ushers
 With friends and former lecturer
Had an awesome time at this bash and it felt great to feel the Lord's presence again!

I will wrap up with this update and shall post again in due time. Thank you for reading! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment